With the arrival of the snow season, we wanted to share the best ways to learn if the District has called a delay or cancellation due to weather.
After communicating with local road crews and reviewing weather radar data, we try to make the final decision by 5:45 am and begin communicating it to students and families generally in this order:
- Tweeted @MGMounties
- Posted on www.mgrhs.org
- Shared with Greylock Snow Day
- Robo call to home and cell phones scheduled to reach all families by 6:15
- Posted on local TV stations (WNYT, WTEN, WFLY, WGY, WRBY, among others)
- Posted to iBerkshires.com and the Berkshire Eagle
- Communicated to local radio stations (WUPE, WBRK, WBEC)
If weather requires us to dismiss students early from school, we communicate in roughly the same fashion, relying heavily on Tweeting, website posting and both robo calls and robo emails.
If after-school activities are cancelled due to inclement weather, we use Twitter and website posts to communicate the change in schedule.
In general, the website and Twitter accounts – both @MGMounties and @AthleticsMG – are great resources for school news.
Mount Greylock Regional School
1781 Cold Spring Road
Williamstown, MA 01267