Spring Athletic Announcement (Updated March 30th)
The spring athletic season will begin on May 4th.
The final possible contest (tournament) will be on June 27th.
No formal or informal practices or gatherings (with or without coach) can occur prior to the spring start date.
All dates and information subject to change based on recommendations related to COVID-19.
Updates for MIAA Board Meeting on Monday, March 30th:
- To provide schools with the maximum amount of seasonal play, while keeping the health and safety of the student-athlete in mind the first team competition may not start until after the seventh calendar day after the start of the 2020 spring season. This means that the first contest cannot occur until May 11th.
- Student Academic-Eligibility will be determined by the School Principal (in place of the usual quarterly determination).
- Students whose physicals were valid on March 13th, 2020 will have met the physical examination requirement until season conclusion.
- The cut-off date for regular season contests will be decided by the Tournament Management Committee during their next meeting. Current recommendation is June 17th.
- The maximum number of regular season competitions for each team will be 12 (prior to cut-off) and the minimum number for tournament participation will be 8. No more than 3 contests can be scheduled per week prior to weather postponements. League contests will receive first priority when rescheduling.
- Teams that do not qualify for tournament as well as Junior Varsity Teams will be able to continue their regular season until June 27th.
- Tournament qualification and format specifics: TBD.
Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any specific questions!