Dear MGRS Families, Students and Community Members:
Get ready, because the Scholastic Book Fair is coming to MGRS on December 10th and 11th! This is your opportunity to support our wonderful new librarian, Liza Barrett, and help her build the library's middle school collection! All funds raised will support the Middle School Library, and the more books we sell, the more money we will raise for the school. Plus, this is the perfect opportunity to cross some names off of your holiday gift list! Below, please find important information about the Book Fair, as well as details on how you can help ensure the Fair's success.
- Parent Volunteers Needed: The Fair will be completely staffed and run by parent volunteers. Please sign up on-line here -- your help is needed to make the Fair a success! This is a wonderful opportunity to see MGRS in action, take a peek at your 7th or 8th graders at the Book Fair, and help support building our Middle School's lending library. Please note the Class Visit Schedule below to help you decide when you would like to volunteer.
- Class Visit Schedule: All students in grades 7 and 8 will visit the Fair on the following dates. While seventh graders will visit with their English teacher Alexander Davis, 8th graders will visit with their science teachers (Strizzi or Louis) since English classes will be busy preparing for their debates. Students in grades 9 through 12 will have an opportunity to visit the Fair during their break, Directed Study, lunch, or immediately following school on any of the days listed below.
• 7th Grade: Wednesday, December 11th
• 8th Grade: Tuesday, December 10th
- Community Open Hours: All parents, students and members of the community are invited to attend the Fair on the evening of Tuesday, December 10th from 6pm to 8pm. You will have an opportunity to see Classroom Wish Lists, to purchase gifts for friends and relatives (and for yourself!), and most importantly, you will be helping to raise money for the MGRS Middle School Library. These Community Open Hours coincide with Mount Greylock's Google Tech Night from 6:30 to 7:30.
- Online Book Fair: This year, the Book Fair will be hosted simultaneously at MGRS and online. You will have access to our Online Book Fair starting December 1st! Please be sure to check out any online wishlists that MGRS teachers may have submitted, and also take advantage of the extended stock list available online.
- Payment Options: The Book Fair will accept cash, credit cards and checks made out to "MGRS PTO." In addition, this year students will be able to go cash-free! Parents can set up an eWallet account for each student who plans to attend the Fair. Accounts must be set up prior to making purchases. To create an account, visit our homepage, login or create a free online Scholastic Account, and create an eWallet account for each member of your family.
Trish, Maggie, Andrea and Libbie
MGPTO Book Fair Co-Chairs