We are currently accepting applications to fill a Lanesborough vacancy of the Mount Greylock Regional School Committee. This will be a two year appointment to serve until the term expires in November 2022.
Per the Regional Agreement: "If a vacancy occurs among the Committee members elected under Section V(C) or appointed under Section V(B)(1), the selectmen from both Lanesborough and Williamstown will meet together at the Mount Greylock Regional School within thirty (30) calendar days with the remaining Committee members to fill such vacancy by roll call vote. A majority of the votes of the elected officials entitled to vote shall be necessary to such election. The newly appointed Committee member will serve until the next biennial state election, at which election a successor shall be elected to serve for the balance of the unexpired term, if any. This joint meeting will be chaired by the town moderator of the town of residence for the new appointee, and the joint meeting’s chairperson will vote only to resolve tied votes."
School committees have the responsibility to represent the vision and values of the community as they work toward continuous improvement of student achievement within their district. The following are our roles and responsibilities:
• To set policy for the school district in a range of areas that include goals, objectives, and general directions and guidance for the district.
• To set, monitor, and adjust the annual budgets as part of the fiduciary responsibility of the
• To appoint the superintendent, and contract with and evaluate their superintendent as the chief executive officer.
• To confirm appointments of a limited number of administrative staff including the business
official, assistant/associate superintendents, and special education director.
• To serve as employer of record overseeing and implementing the collecting bargaining
• To set compensation parameters for employees not subject to collective bargaining.
• To perform within the boundaries of the Open Meeting Law and State Ethics Laws.
• To advocate for the best interests of the students with a goal of improving outcomes for the
children in the school district.
We look forward to all Lanesborough candidate applications and welcoming the selected member to our committee.
If you are interested in this position, please email your application to Stacie Vigiard in the
Superintendent’s office, email@example.com with “School Committee
Vacancy” in the subject line. We will be accepting applications until Friday, October 23, 2020.
MISSION: At Mount Greylock Regional School District, our mission is to create a community of learners working together in a safe and challenging learning environment that encourages restorative based processes, respect, inclusive diversity, courtesy, integrity, and responsibility through high expectations and cooperation resulting in life-long learning and personal growth.
Mount Greylock Regional School District
Christina Conry, Chair
Lanesborough- Term Ends 2022
Steven Miller, Vice Chair
Williamstown - Term Ends 2022
James Art, Secretary
Williamstown - Term Ends 2020
Williamstown - Term Ends 2020
Lanesborough - Term Ends 2022
Lanesborough- Term Ends 2020
Williamstown - Carrie will serve until the next biennial state election (November 2020), at which election a successor shall be elected to serve for the balance of the unexpired term (2022).
Our meetings are broadcast live on the following YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLR0nrLhpZHIyPFUhaMxPSg
School Committee meetings are also broadcast on WilliNet TV, Channel 1302 in Williamstown