We are currently accepting applications to fill a Lanesborough vacancy of the Mount Greylock Regional School Committee. This will be a two year appointment to serve until the term expires in November 2022.
School committees have the responsibility to represent the vision and values of the community as they work toward continuous improvement of student achievement within their district. The following are our roles and responsibilities:
- To set policy for the school district in a range of areas that include goals, objectives, and general directions and guidance for the district.
- To set, monitor, and adjust the annual budgets as part of the fiduciary responsibility of the elected board.
- To appoint the superintendent, and contract with and evaluate their superintendent as the chief executive officer.
- To confirm appointments of a limited number of administrative staff including the business official, assistant/associate superintendents, and special education director.
- To serve as employer of record overseeing and implementing the collecting bargaining agreements.
- To set compensation parameters for employees not subject to collective bargaining.
- To perform within the boundaries of the Open Meeting Law and State Ethics Laws.
- To advocate for the best interests of the students with a goal of improving outcomes for the children in the school district.
We look forward to all Lanesborough candidate applications and welcoming the selected member to our committee.
If you are interested in this position, please email your application to Stacie Vigiard in the Superintendent’s office, email@example.com with “School Committee Vacancy” in the subject line.