At Mount Greylock Regional School District, our mission is to create a community of learners working together in a safe and challenging learning environment that encourages restorative based processes, respect, inclusive diversity, courtesy, integrity and responsibility through high expectations and cooperation resulting in life-long learning and personal growth.
We are a community of life-long learners who are ready to problem solve all challenges. Through persistence and resilience, we cultivate social- emotional readiness and academic excellence in the 21st century classroom.
We are a compassionate community of curious and diverse learners with a commitment to social- emotional development and academic engagement. Competent, kind, and resilient, our students are prepared to contribute to their ever-changing world.
Mount Greylock Regional School:
We are a community of engaged, diverse learners and mentors who seek to challenge ourselves academically and socially to contribute to a rapidly shifting world. Individually and collaboratively, we create an environment where the characteristics of responsibility, integrity and perseverance are fostered and practiced by all.
- Courtesy: We are committed to fostering and maintaining an environment free of all types of fear and intimidation. Based on our core belief that individuals are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect, it is our policy to prohibit any conduct that constitutes a climate in which individuals feel fear and/or intimidation.
- Inclusive Diversity: We recognize that students come to us with diverse experiences, interests, strengths, and needs. It is therefore essential that all students have access to challenging and personally meaningful curriculum and instruction.
- Integrity: We believe in the integrity of all members of the school community and the commitment to academic honesty and support of our quest for authentic learning. By adhering to ethical principles, acting honorably and assuring that there is consistency between beliefs, words, and actions, we individually demonstrate integrity and high moral character.
- Respect: We nurture the whole child and ensure that each student receives a new opportunity every day to perform at his/her best. We believe that developing caring and supportive relationships between and among educators, students and parents lead to higher levels of student achievement.
- Responsibility: We recognize the responsibility of the entire school community to ensure the success of all students. All students learn when their passions and talents are coupled with high expectations and academic rigor in a safe and caring environment.
- Restorative Based Processes: We are best when students are first. All decisions are centered on the needs of the whole child.